Yeast infection is not considered as a serious condition. However, when left untreated, it could cause various complications and this can trigger the development of systemic yeast infection, which is considered as a life-threatening condition. To prevent yeast infection from worsening, you can opt for natural remedies like yogurt or apple cider vinegar. In case none of these can provide relief against the problem, you can also opt for medications like the following:
- This medication is effective in preventing the condition from worsening and relieving the symptoms of yeast infection. Azo Azo contains natural antifungal properties that are effective against Candida albicans or yeast.
- This can be used effectively against vaginal yeast infection. It can help relieve the burning sensation, discomfort and itching due to the condition.
- This is another effective medication against the symptoms of vaginal yeast infection. This is a botanical-based medication that helps stimulate the body’s defense mechanism against infection, thus curing yeast infection.
- This medication is also effective against vaginal yeast infection. However, make sure that you consult your physician first prior to the usage of this medication. Gyne-Lotrimin is helpful in relieving vaginal discomfort and itching.
- This is effective against yeast infection but is not recommended for pregnant or nursing women. Enzymatic Therapy Acidophilus Pearls is helpful in restoring the right balance of yeast in the body, thus relieving the infection.
- This contains probiotic strains, which are both helpful in restoring balance between yeast and good bacteria in the body and preventing the condition from recurring.
Although these medications are proven effective against yeast infection, it would still be best to consult your physician before opting for any of these to make sure that you will benefit from it.